How to import big MySQL database
Fri, 5 Dec, 2008
If you have some MySQL database files that bigger than 100MB, it is difficult to upload and import via phpmyadmin. Please use bigdump at http://www.ozerov.de/bigdump.zip it is the best tool to import big database files.
1. Adjust the database configuration in this file
2. Drop the old tables on the target database if your dump doesn't contain "DROP TABLE"
3. Create the working directory (e.g. dump) on your web-server
4. Upload bigdump.php and your dump files (.sql, .gz) via FTP to the working directory
5. Run the bigdump.php from your browser via URL like http://www.yourdomain.com/dump/bigdump.php
7. Wait for the script to finish, do not close the browser window
8. IMPORTANT: Remove bigdump.php and your dump files from the web-server